Monday 15 January 2007

First cab off the rank

my first task in the sca pile is my particoloured cotehardie. Dug it out on saturday and completed task one - figure out where the hell I am up to. Determined steps to happiness of finishedly goodness.
Trace sleeve so I actually have a pattern: done.
Attach said sleeves - to the correct sides:
Unpick back seams in outer and lining and add in gores to centre front and back, which I seem to have left out for some random reason I can no longer recall:
Sew outer to inner, adding in a section of fabric at centre front to each side as reinforcing for lacing:
Handsew rest of sleeve sections
Make or find buttons for sleeves
Sew on Buttons
lacing holes - arggggghhhhh. Make em, bindem, find/devise lacing cord.
hang the whole shebang in the steam for a while
hem
wear!!!!!

Think I can have it done by May Crown?

No comments: